- Shiksha Setu: A Teaching-Learning Enhancement Programme
The Programme aims to improve quality of learning among students in the arena of primary education. In a span of 5 years, the programme has reached 21 primary schools in Gujarat, 230 teachers and 6500 students from economically disadvantaged sections of the rural communities and urban slums. The programme has four main components:
- Assessing the learning levels of each student & identifying gaps
- Providing continuous support and capacity building of teachers in teaching pedagogies
- Providing ICT based adaptive learning tool to students
- Community mobilization for spreading awareness about the importance of education
- Schools patronized and managed by Torrent associates (Aggregate strength - 3900 students)
- Sharda Mandir Primary School: A child-friendly and a state-of-art earthquake resistant Primary School building with 22 class rooms and various facilities was developed at Indrad village, Gujarat. 85% of the students come from socially and economically backward sections of the rural communities.
- K.G. Mehta High School: The earlier school building at Memadpur Village, Banaskantha District, Gujarat catering to students of rural areas, was strengthened and modified. Additionally, an assembly hall, mid-day meal kitchen and separate utility blocks for girls and boys have been built.
- U.N. Mehta High School: Torrent acquired land and constructed a new high school building at Chhapi Village, Banaskantha District, Gujarat with 24 class rooms and various labs & amenities to accommodate the increasing number of students.
- Akhakhol Primary School: Torrent constructed the school at Surat with 8 new classrooms, toilet blocks and drinking water facilities.