Community Health Care
- U.N.Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre (UNMICRC)
UNMICRC is a state-of-the-art cardiac hospital at Ahmedabad (Gujarat) where treatment is rendered to all patients, particularly the economically disadvantaged. Free Cardiac treatment is provided to Gujarat domiciled children and patients from the weaker strata. Over the years, Torrent has provided sizeable financial contribution, which has been used for constructing a 450-bedded facility. Apart from Hospital Infrastructure development, Torrent’s Patient Care Initiative Programme at UNMICRC has resulted in effective service delivery and better hospital management.
- REACH – the Paediatric Healthcare Programme
REACH i.e. Reach EAch CHild is a Child Health Centric Initiative by Torrent Group mainly directed at prevention of child health problems through proactive grassroot interventions and providing corresponding diagnostic/treatment facilities for resolving child health related issues. The Programme aims to provide intrinsic value to the maximum possible target children of India, in general and Gujarat, in particular.
- Swadhar, the Community Health Care Centre
Started in September 2012, Swadhar continues to cater to the healthcare needs of the locals from the 20 tribal villages surrounding SUGEN Plant (Gujarat).It is equipped to provide treatment for general ailments and in specialities such as obstetrics, gynaecology and paediatrics. More than 22,000 patients have been treated at SWADHAR since its inception. Various healthcare awareness sessions and camps are conducted through the Centre.
- Other healthcare initiatives by Torrent Group
- A Community dispensary facility is being provided at Indrad village in Gujarat. A Doctor and a Compounder, hired by Torrent, visit the village every day for 4 hours.
- Primary care to women and malnourished children in the urban slum population in the area of Sabarmati at Ahmedabad (Gujarat) is being provided through OPD and Mobile Health Van.
- Upgradation and renovation of Municipal maternity home and ESIC hospital, Ahmedabad.
- In 2001, as part of earthquake rehabilitation, a 60-bed hospital was constructed in Kutch, Gujarat, to support the victims.
- Cleanliness and sanitation drive including awareness creation in villages surrounding SUGEN and DGEN Plants.