- Shiksha Setu: A Teaching-Learning Enhancement Programme (Initiated in year 2011)
The Programme aims to improve quality of learning among students in the arena of primary education. In a span of 8 years, the programme has reached 26 primary schools in Gujarat, 250+ teachers and more than 8000 students and 3500+ parents from economically disadvantaged sections of the rural communities and urban slums. The programme has four main components:
- Assessing the learning levels of each student & identifying gaps
- Providing continuous support and capacity building of teachers in teaching pedagogies, soft skills and ICT based teaching tool
- Providing ICT based adaptive learning tool to students
- Community mobilization for spreading awareness about the importance of education
- Schools patronized and managed by Torrent associates (Aggregate strength - 3900 students)
- Sharda Mandir Primary School: A child-friendly and a state-of-art earthquake resistant Primary School building with 22 class rooms and various facilities was developed at Indrad village, Gujarat. 85% of the students come from socially and economically backward sections of the rural communities.
- K.G. Mehta High School: The earlier school building at Memadpur Village, Banaskantha District, Gujarat catering to students of rural areas, was strengthened and modified. Additionally, an assembly hall, mid-day meal kitchen and separate utility blocks for girls and boys have been built.
- U.N. Mehta High School: Torrent acquired land and constructed a new high school building at Chhapi Village, Banaskantha District, Gujarat with 24 class rooms and various labs & amenities to accommodate the increasing number of students.
- Akhakhol Primary School: Torrent constructed the school at Surat with 8 new classrooms, toilet blocks and drinking water facilities.